ME

ME
This is me^^

Monday 12 August 2013

Back to work, back to normal life, back to the everything that was so meaningless.
January 2011 was, for lack of a better word, shit.
I slaved through it, carrying the weight of my own stupidity didn't do me any favours.
But suddenly a blooming little girl from Bergen was to be my saviour. I decided to park myself at the local gay bar and wallow, once again, in my loneliness. I allowed it to wash over me as easily as i washed beer down my gullet.

"You wanna play with us?", a bubbly little voice tried. "We need one more player, it's just me and my friend".

This option seemed better than my busy night of slurping down my beer to the point that i would go home with anything that would take me.
We began to play some board games and got to talking. Now the phrase "it's a small world" never had much meaning for me before i moved, but it happened indeed to be a small world.
She turned out to be finishing her bachelor in photography in Glasgow, this was funny since i am from Scotland, she was a huge fan of world of warcraft (me being a huge fan myself) and the fact that i had gone to the same Folkehøgskule as a close friend of hers.
Serendipity aside, this was a great night and a great awakening from my current nightmare.
I don't care to mention much else about the on-again, off-again mess but it will crop up from time to time.
I spent the next few months working away, nights out with my new best friend and generally having a good time. We started the big count down to the 17th of May, the national day for Norway and a day off work. I was looking forward to the day so much, i could never have seen what devastation was laying just around the corner.

No comments: