ME

ME
This is me^^

Saturday 3 August 2013

Summer Loving 2010

It was a whirlwind of a summer. Everything from the pain-staking slow process of registering myself with the local authorities to the lack of communication between the different agencies who held the possibilities of me earning even a penny to actually getting out there and finding a job put a huge downer on everything.
The immigration office spoke to/knew of the tax office about as well as a right wing extremist know of an open mind, as vica versa. After a marathon of trips between them, relaying information back and forth i eventually managed to sort out everything, including a job!

A summer romance happened to spring up in my way during all this rubbish. It was a welcome distraction from it all. I was a working woman, i had it all; a man, a job, a bank account. You'd be surprised how the smallest things make you happy, especially after you're forced to wait for them.

It came after the nondescript "6-8 weeks". Beautiful and burgundy. My very own bank card, complete with my picture, a hideous deformed picture, capturing all my flaws, but i didn't care! I was yet another step closer to being ingratiated. We went out to celebrate, me burning my card as much as i could, a rather welcome spending spree in the eyes of my friends who were of course more than willing to enable my peculiar card use.

I secured myself permanent employ in a kindergarten. Monday to Friday i would be the idol, leader, teacher and boo boo kisser of these impressionable minds. I got to stretch my musical muscles here too, which was a huge bonus and made the position all the more interesting. Twice a week i was to hold a "music time" with the kids. I settled into my new employment quite happily after a few initial humps and bumps.

The year seemed to rush on, October, November, December. This would be my first Christmas away from home. Nothing too daunting for me since i had worked Christmas Day for the past two years. I did have my ex-boyfriend to be with so i wasn't all too bothered. A rather calm ending to the year ensued and then i became ill on the 30th and my new years celebrations consisted of lying very still on the sofa, humming Auld Lang Syne into my cola bottle.

The new year came with a smash. Being dumped tends to put a downer on things. This was only the start in a long, on-going drama that luckily ended - if only two years later...


No comments: